Every couple weeks or so I hear about another lesbian [or LGBT] web series.
So far...
The Lovers and Friends show
Rose by any other name
GirlTrash!
and now
Anyone But Me
This one i'm giving a post to because it has.
high school students that aren't just dealing with peer pressure, and make up and omg-look-how-hot-he-is For me the things i find the most destructive is the things for teens and below. Because it ingrains shhh into people minds and because it prepares you for more shhh as you watch more television, Also there aren't many shows for gay teens which ingrains the idea that if your a teenager it's definitely a phase
On this show there is a straight black couple, lesbian couple [duh] but it's not just those two there are friends and women around, supportive relatives, a confused straight girl whose journey doesn't make the show [*cough*l word*cough*], and clueless straight white boys.
this makes me insanely happy.
yeah yeah they could add some gay men [of any race] and some lesbians of color as well. But so far so awesome. I watched a few episodes that are on youtube [i watched stuff from their second season] and their third season should be coming out soon..
Now. I really like that there is a black couple no body would have argued if there were only white people on the show and no one would have argued if there was a black side kick with no family and no relationship who never questioned that because this show would be pushing some boundaries already. UNLIKE MOST TV THE BLACK MALE CHARACTER isn't evil or horrible, he doesn't treat people badly, he's not completely feminine or overly masculine in an attempt to hide anything, did i mention that he doesn't treat people badly, and he's not selling drugs. THANK GOD.
WHERE WAS I?
This is one of the reasons that I like Anyone but Me. WATCH IT. Also if you think your going to get a way with not watching it I'm putting it below because well it's awesome. it's the last episode they have on youtube so...
ENJOY. or else..i'll know if you don't.
if you would like to watch more go to www.anyonebutmeseries.com
No comments:
Post a Comment