Thursday, July 1, 2010

Twilight & Race

So never seen twilight can reallly comment on this one. I just know now cause this was so well written that I have to watch it know. Enter the mind of film analysis a world where you don't watch movies because you think they are going to be good but rather becuase you know they are going to be bad...is some form or fashion.


anyway
the article is called Why Team Jacob always has to lose in Twilight

This is a racial analysis so if your interested in racial film analysis;
See the books
Mixed Race Hollywood
[although there are some things in the book I don't like]
Persistence of Whiteness
[although there are things in here I love]

Beyond ther racial things in this there are some really interesting things about gender.
anyway quote time:

"Why does Team Jacob always have to lose? Because Eclipse is a movie about rejecting adulthood, not just as a person but also as a culture. It's about rejecting adult relationships between men and women, but also between people of different races and between people from the city (like Victoria's army) and people from Forks. It's about never crossing boundaries, never leaving home."

No comments:

Post a Comment