Friday, June 11, 2010

[Internet] Updates

I'm so unbelievably tired of not blogging. I love this blog especially now that it looks like I want it to.I have so many unfinished ideas. I have so many started drafts because I want to get some more information. Lately there are two things that I've learned.

One. Terry Gilliam is F---ing hilarious. I'm going to watch more of his films if I ever finish this Film Analysis for The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus. I found an Old interview about the Imaginarium It made me realize that I need to put up a quote page on this blog of movie/movie related quotes. Gems from it:

"Terry Gilliam: See that’s the problem with fans. Fans are terrifying. I have always hated fans, because they have such high expectations…

Quint: You are in the wrong place….

Terry Gilliam: I know! They have such high expectations! I thought “Fuck off, just fuck off. Let me fuck it up on my own...."

That interview comes from aintitcool.com.

I really want to say film analysis and The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus enough so that I can conjure up some google hits from this. If you search those two phrases you only get like a hundred hits so I hope Terry Gilliam reads it and realizes how much work I put into it. OR he just hates it because 1) I said everything he was doing anyway or 2) he's just offended 3) he doesn't bother with film analysis

but I can still hope right?


The second update
was about one of my older blog posts. Remember when I did the blog about Feminist Frequency and I did a black version of the Bechdel Test? I found someone else who did a version for non-white people. Not totally surprising. Buuuttt it was on the feminist frequency website and I never looked at the links. YEAAAHHH this is embarrassing. In my defense I'm usually on the Feminist Frequency YouTube page...not really an exuse but it explains the poor behavior. Anyway, the Bechdel Test adaptation in question comes from theangryblackwoman.com despite the website name it's a very good website. I've found some cool information.

A must read from the site:
The Do's and Don'ts of Being a Good Ally. When I thought about this title i thought "Queer" which makes since because it's under the Queerism section but It applies to every section of society for people who aren't "privileged."

There's probably something else but I can't remember and I need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment